Home : Privacy
(Last changed Sept. 19, 2009)
- YRC Worldwide practices for collecting information offline or from sites other than yrcregional.com or
- YRC Worldwide use or dissemination of information gathered offline or from sites other than yrcregional.com (even if that information is identical to the information gathered on the secure yrcregional.com).
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time without notice. Please review it regularly.
- What information does yrcregional.com collect?
- How does YRC Worldwide use information collected on the site?
- Under what circumstances does YRC Worldwide disclose or transfer personal information to others?
- How do you keep my information secure?
- Whom do I contact if I have questions?
When you visit yrcregional.com, we may ask you to provide personal information in connection with various opportunities and activities available at the site. By "personal information," we mean information that is
- collected in the course of your use of yrcregional.com and
- identifiable to you or that allows you to be identified.
Personal information requested might include, for example, your name, email address, telephone number or, where identifiable to you, other information, such as your ZIP code, fax number, employer, place of employment or title. If you desire to review or correct the personal information that you provide, please contact us at the email address provided below.
Automatic or Navigational Information
When you visit yrcregional.com, we may capture certain information automatically (even if you do not voluntarily provide us with personal information or in addition to personal information that you provide), including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, time and date of access and pages accessed, linking information, click stream, page visits, page views and/or web site log files. If such navigational information becomes identifiable to you, it will be deemed personal information. We reserve the right to match navigational information with personal information and thereby to transform such navigational information into personal information. Navigational information that is transformed into personal information will be used for the purposes identified in this policy.
We generally use personal information collected on yrcregional.com to:
- advise you of opportunities available on our site or elsewhere,
- respond to requests for services,
- provide information about the proper use or misuse of yrcregional.com,
- process technical or administrative issues or to communicate regarding those issues,
- conduct research and surveys,
- provide other information that might be of interest to you,
- improve or otherwise adjust our services and
- provide to third parties anonymous information regarding our services, customers and business generally.
We transfer to third parties and/or release to the public certain aggregate information (for example about the visiting habits of our visitors generally or of groups of our visitors), but that data will not contain information that identifies you and, therefore, is not personal information. There are circumstances where we will transfer and/or disclose to third parties personal information. Those circumstances are as follows:
Subsidiaries and Affiliates. YRC Worldwide will transfer personal information to its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates.
yrcregional.com Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to third-party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting and support services) to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to maintain our business and yrcregional.com.
yrcregional.com Security. We reserve the right to release personal information when we think that the law requires us to do so or when we think it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests or safety of our company, our users or others.
Reorganization or Sale of YRC Regional. In the event that our company is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that it is sold or it sells all or substantially all its assets, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets.
As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
Although we cannot guarantee impenetrability of our servers, we have attempted to establish and implement reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In the event that our security system is breached, we will attempt to notify you as soon as possible.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or the privacy practices at yrcregional.com, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.