Weight & Inspection Supervisor (Full Time): Detroit, MI
The Weight and Inspection Supervisor typically inspects suspicious shipments for erroneous commodity descriptions. As the service center's resident detective, the W&I Coordinator gathers, records, and reports evidence to prove the true nature of questionable shipments. Also, the W&I Supervisor makes customer calls jointly with Company sales staff to determine the proper classification of customer products
1. Working knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to the motor freight industry.
2. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle customer relations professionally.
4. Must be willing to work nights and weekend shifts.
(L) LIGHT WORK: Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling 20 Lbs. maximum; frequent lift and/or carry up to 5 Lbs. Can include walking and/or standing frequently even though weight is negligible. Can include pushing and/or pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
(4) REACHING, HANDLING, FINGERING, AND/OR FEELING: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; seizing, holding, grasping, turning objects using hands; picking, pinching, or otherwise working with fingers; perceiving size, shape, temperature, or texture of objects through contact with skin, primarily fingers.
(5) TALKING AND/OR HEARING: Talking and/or hearing (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken work; perceiving nature of sounds by ear. These skill-ability variables are important in work activities in which workers must impart or receive detailed information through oral communication. Jobs which require accurate, loud, or rapid giving of instructions to other workers, or to make fine discrimination of sound are included.
(6) SEEING: The ability to perceive the nature of objects by use of the eyes; consider acuity far, acuity near, depth perception, field of vision, accommodation, etc. Not meant to distinguish jobs on the basis of blindness.
Requires occasional work in adverse weather conditions including, cold, excessive heat, rain, and snow. Not necessarily protected from temperature changes.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!