Weight & Inspection Coordinator (St. Louis)
The W&I Coordinator utilizes various industry tools and internal documents to identify, interpret and verify the proper description and freight class for a given shipment. This position requires the W&I Coordinator to spend time on the freight dock recording shipment information and in the office verifying and documenting the proper commodity description and freight class for those shipments.
The W&I Coordinator also assists the local operation with education, training and compliance of W&I related equipment and technology.
HOURS FOR THE POSITION ARE FROM 2:00p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Execute, support and provide feedback to Holland W&I processes
- Review internal documentation to identify inaccurately described or classed freight bills
- Collaborate with local operations to locate shipments requiring inspection
- Measure and record shipment dimensions to calculate density
- Use company-issued tablet computer to capture photos of shipments under review
- Analyze shipment information using accepted Holland Rules Tariff criteria
- Enter shipment data into standard reports to properly document activity
- Educate and coach local operations to understand and achieve W&I goals
- Assist in the troubleshooting and testing of W&I related equipment and technology
- Demonstrated ability to work independently during evening hours
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Physical Requirements
- Walk outdoors for up to six hours
- Carry up to 15 pounds of equipment
- Sit for up to four hours using computer programs, entering data and sending e-mails
- Experience in LTL motor freight or knowledge of the National Motor Freight Classification
- 1-3 years of business experience
- Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Transportation preferred
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
HPRO to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!