Weight & Inspection Coordinator (Part Time): Tomah, WI
Develops or improves systems, procedures and methods of proper freight classification and shipment weight to ensure consistent standards are applied.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Coordinate all W & I activity in the revenue management to improve the W & I program and achieve annual goals.
- Assist in the development of W & I goals.
- Develop effective W & I approach to maximize employee experience and involvement to facilitate in the identification of suspect shipments.
- Develop approach for effective reinforcement of W & I activities.
- Coordinate freight-type studies and density studies to assist in rating accuracy.
- Investigate W & I protests. Demonstrate sensitivity to the implications of W & I corrections on external customer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Planning, organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in transportation or related area, or equivalent education and work experience preferred.
- Two - three years experience in Revenue Research, operations or sales preferred.
- One - two year's supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in the trucking industry.
- Knowledge of the National Master Freight Classification.
Requires occasional work in adverse weather conditions including, cold, excessive heat, rain, and snow. Not necessarily protected from temperature changes
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law
Holland, Inc. a recognized leader in the LTL industry is in search of an experienced Part Time Weight and Inspection Coordinator for our Tomah, WI terminal. The Weight and Inspection Coordinator typically inspects suspicious shipments for erroneous commodity descriptions. As the service center's resident detective, the W&I Coordinator gathers, records, and reports evidence to prove the true nature of questionable shipments. Also, the W&I Coordinator makes customer calls jointly with Company sales staff to determine the proper classification of customer products.