Weight & Inspection Coordinator (Full Time): Joliet, IL
The Weight and Inspection Coordinator develops or improves systems, procedures and methods of proper freight classification and shipment weight to ensure consistent standards are applied.
HOURS FOR THE POSITION ARE FROM 2PM - 12AM MONDAY - FRIDAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Coordinate all W & I activity in the revenue management to improve the W & I program and achieve annual goals.
- Assist in the development of W & I goals.
- Develop effective W & I approach to maximize employee experience and involvement to facilitate in the identification of suspect shipments.
- Develop approach for effective reinforcement of W & I activities.
- Coordinate freight-type studies and density studies to assist in rating accuracy.
- Investigate W & I protests. Demonstrate sensitivity to the implications of W & I corrections on external customer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Planning, organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills required.
Requires occasional work in adverse weather conditions including, cold, excessive heat, rain, and snow. Not necessarily protected from temperature changes.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!