Weight & Inspection Coordinator
Holland, Inc. a recognized leader in the LTL industry is in search of an experienced Weight and Inspection Coordinator for our Chicago (McCook, ILL) terminal.The shift is daily M-F from 4:00pm-1:00am.
The Weight and Inspection Coordinator develops or improves systems, procedures and methods of proper freight classification and shipment weight to ensure consistent standards are applied.
- Coordinate all W & I activity in the revenue management to improve the W & I program and achieve annual goals.
- Assist in the development of W & I goals.
- Develop effective W & I approach to maximize employee experience and involvement to facilitate in the identification of suspect shipments.
- Develop approach for effective reinforcement of W & I activities.
- Coordinate freight-type studies and density studies to assist in rating accuracy.
- Investigate W & I protest. Demonstrate sensitivity to the implications of W & I corrections on external customer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Planning, organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in transportation or related area, or equivalent education and work experience preferred.
- Two - three years’ experience in Revenue Research, operations or sales preferred.
- One - two year's supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in the trucking industry.
- Knowledge of the National Master Freight Classification.
Requires occasional work in adverse weather conditions including, cold, excessive heat, rain, and snow. Not necessarily protected from temperature changes.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
To apply please email Steve.Bramble@usfc.comHPRO
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!