Weight and Research Coordinator (Full Time): Milwaukee, WI
- Evaluate which freight should be inspected based on knowledge of classification codes, historical trends, highest potential revenue impact etc.
- Coordinate with dock workers to inspect identified freight, which includes determining when and where the freight will be received, locating the freight, and visually inspecting, measuring, weighing and photographing freight.
- Determine if billing adjustments are required based on freight research, enters W&R certificates and communicates to billing group.
- Partner with Account Executive to notify of any pricing issues or adjustments or to discuss customer issues.
- Discuss account issues with dock workers and provide feedback to dock workers if freight handling issues are identified.
- Responsible for coordination of scale repairs and calibrations. May conduct minor adjustments or repairs or coordinate with vendor for service needs.
- May attend sales calls to discuss research issues with customers.
- Work independently on a remote team to coordinate all W&R activity achieving monthly team goals.
- Conduct freight studies and density studies to assist in rating accuracy.
- Investigate W&R customer protests. Demonstrate sensitivity to the implications of W&R corrections on external customer.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
Proven ability to work independently and effectively manage workload on a self-managed team.
Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Must be flexible, willing to work any schedule, including weekends and holidays, in all types of weather.
Bachelor’s degree in transportation, business or related area.
Knowledge of National Motor Freight Classification and various carriers Rules Tariffs.
Proven knowledge of computer applications (MS office).
Experience in the transportation industry with deep knowledge of operations and logistics.
Experience in Weights and Research.
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges, varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
HPROTo apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
The Weight and Research (W&R) Coordinator is responsible for identifying potentially misclassified freight or freight that is improperly weighed or sized. Assesses identified freight to determine any misclassifications, determines corrective action and communicates any necessary billing adjustments. Develops or improves systems, procedures and methods of proper freight classification and shipment weight to ensure consistent standards are applied.
This is a full time position working Monday thru Friday, 4 PM - 1 AM.