Terminal Manager - Rockford, Illinois
Holland, Inc., a recognized leader in the transportation industry, is in search of a Terminal Manager for our Rockford, Illinois location. The Terminal Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of operations personnel involved in transportation of freight by motor carrier system and coordinate transportation and handling or shipments within geographic subdivision by directing activities of terminal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Direct and Coodinate workers engaged in loading, unloading, recording, arranging, routing, and delivering incoming and outgoing freight shipments.
- Plan pickup and delivery schedules for truck drivers.
- Coordinate activities of operations to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
- Call on shipper's representatives to discuss and resolve problems.
- Interview, select, train and assign new personnel.
- Maintain effective employee and labor realtions.
- Review and analyze expenditures, financial, and operations reports to determine requirements for increasing profits and improving processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Previous supervisory dock operations and sales experience.
- Knowledge of company policy, procedures, and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work extended hours, including nights and/or weekends as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in transportation or related area.
- 8 or more years operations and sales experience.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law