Terminal Manager - Danville, Illinois
Holland, Inc., a recognized leader in the transportation industry, is in search of a Terminal Manager for our Danville, Illinois location. The Terminal Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of operations personnel involved in transportation of freight by motor carrier system and coordinate transportation and handling or shipments within geographic subdivision by directing activities of terminal.
Assures that freight operations meet customer expectations in safe, claim-free handling and responsive communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assure safe operations by monitoring employee behavior with relation to risk, resolving unsafe conditions, and ensuring compliance with Department of Transportation regulations and all other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintain effective employee and customer relations. Communicate effectively with employees, internal customers and external customers to establish performance expectations, support and monitor performance, provide positive and corrective feedback, and resolve performance problems.
- Direct and coordinate the staff responsible to supervise workers engaged in loading, unloading, recording, arranging, routing, and delivering incoming and outgoing freight shipments. Align work schedules for driver/dock activities with freight flow. Coordinate activities of operations to obtain optimal use of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
- Ensure proper training of employees as required in all functional areas by establishing training goals, assuring that periodic training is accomplished as scheduled, and routinely reviewing each individual’s progress.
- Determine staffing needs. Interview, select, train and assign new personnel. Develop and retain incumbent staff.
- Review and analyze expenditure, financial, and operations reports to determine requirements for controlling costs, increasing profits and improving processes. Prepare recommendations on findings for area management’s evaluation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Previous supervisory dock operations and sales experience in a LTL environment preferred.
- Knowledge of company policy, procedures, and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law