Fleet Garage Supervisor: Kansas City, KC
Supervise, train and develop assigned staff creating a team working environment. Ensure compliance with company and government required policies and procedures. Work with the shop team to meet safety goals. Coordinate the inspection, maintenance and repair of linehaul, P&D equipment and/or supervise the rebuild of components and equipment repair. Ensure that repairs are timely for meeting system demands and for providing safe, reliable and driver acceptable equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure the efficient movement of inbound tractors, trailers through the service lanes.
2. Maintain required maintenance documentation.
3. Coordinate maintenance on all equipment. Coordinate a cost effective preventative maintenance program providing for safe, clean, driver acceptable equipment.
4. Supervise the repair of equipment ensuring timeliness in meeting system demands.
5. Maintain inventory control on all repair parts and tools. Review repair orders for accurate listing and extension of repair parts, maintaining proper accountability of chargeable repair parts.
6. Train and develop assigned staff for providing timely and quality repair.
7. Ensure the shop safety process is followed. Effectively communicate safety topics and perform safety inspection of tools and facilities as required.
8. Help schedule and coordinate end of line terminals with repair of linehaul and P&D equipment.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Basic technical knowledge of equipment mechanics.
3. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Must be available to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
5. Must have a satisfactory record of previous employment.
1. Bachelors degree or college level course work.
2. Two plus years of supervisory experience or formal management training.
3. Background/knowledge of equipment maintenance.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!