Participates in the auditing of operational and financial data of various departments within the company. Tests and documents compliance with established company policies, procedures and standards. Identifies deficiencies and participates in recommending improvements to current standards and the implementation of systemic changes. Familiar with a variety of transportation concepts, practices, and procedures. Strives to be an integral part of the Audit team and achieve team goals and objectives. Mentors less experienced Audit team members. Performs a variety of tasks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND END RESULTS
1. Perform activities, tasks and responsibilities of Audit department team to maintain best-in-class controls and organizational compliance
2. Interact with internal and parent company teams in support of internal and external audit requirements
3. Identify deficiencies and potential issues with processes and controls. Suggest improvements in processes, policies and control requirements, and work with management to implement improvements.
4. Perform follow-up testing and evaluation of newly implemented process improvements, policy changes and control requirements
5. Mentor less experienced Audit team members.
6. Other Audit related tasks in support of overall company objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 2+ years of staff level audit experience.
- Effective oral and written communications skills including clear and concise description of identified issues or deficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of shipment documentation requirements.
- Computer Skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and relational databases.
- Ability to identify issues, requirements, and opportunities involved in operational and financial audits.
- Preferred Qualifications include CPA and experience with transportation operations and analysis.
- Up to 50% travel can be expected
Founded in 1929 in Holland, Michigan. Holland is a company that is rich in tradition but has set its sights on the future. Holland prides itself on being one of the best Regional Freight companies in the country. A culture that inspires out of the box thinking, problem solving, and leadership. If you are looking for a challenge with a great company that invests in their people and their technology, then this could be the right place for you.