Safety Supervisor: Indianapolis, IN
Holland, Inc., a recognized leader in the transportation industry in search of a Safety Supervisor. This position will located at our facility in Indianapolis, IN and will report to the Safety Training Manager. The role of the Safety Supervisor will be to demonstrate and promote a "Safety First" lifestyle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver workplace safety training in a classroom and work environment settings to ensure new drivers understand operational safety policies and procedures
- Schedule and/or conduct behind the wheel training for drivers
- Schedule and/or conduct training for employees who are required to be certified and/or retrained
- Teach Advanced driver training skills to drivers
- Train drivers on the handling and transportation of Hazardous Materials
- Conduct road tests and new driver evaluations as required
- Participate in collision review committees to determine preventability
- Prepares reports as required on both a periodic and exception basis in Excel
- Prepares power point presentations and visual demonstrations for educational purposes
- Suggests cost saving or safety enhancement ideas to improve safety, both long term and short term.
- Continued education of safety related issues, new laws & regulations, and requirement of company policies, and other issues if applicable.
- Work unconventional hours as necessary or requested by the Safety & Training Manager and/or Director of Safety
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong time management skills
- Must have the ability to deliver educational material repetitively with enthusiasm
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related work experience
- Class A CDL
- Smith System, NSC or other advanced driver training certifications
- Hazardous Materials certification
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!