Safety Compliance Manager - Holland, MI
- Ensure Holland is complaint with all Federal, State and Local laws governing the operation of equipment used in transportation.
- Maintain technical compliance objectives through the ongoing use of our ELD complaint software and the FMCSA rules and regulations surrounding hours of service.
- Will conduct and assist the Holland Safety Department in annual DOT compliance audits
- Establish trust and credibility by maintaining a high level of integrity and communications with terminal operations teams. Align goals with Labor, Human Resources, IT and Operations.
- Benchmark and develop best practices for training, communicating and coaching driver.
- Initiate, lead and participate in cross-functional projects/teams to support company goals.
- Lead the Safety Compliance staff by providing guidance, coaching and support to the team, including ensuring that they have the proper tools, materials, knowledge and skills allowing them to perform their jobs at the highest standards.
- Communicate the lead measures and core competencies which enable employees involved in the individual work tasks to evaluate the effectiveness of their daily work.
- Coach, train and educate frontline management in processes identified as key elements to meeting and exceeding compliance to system use and FMCSA regulations.
- Monitor lead and lag measures to ensure compliance to operations SOP’s and technical specifications and identify facilities where intervention or training is required.
- Inspect / Audit compliance to the core business processes around the FMCSA and company requirements.
- Identify and address compliance gaps. Report findings to appropriate leadership in a timely and professional manner.
- Update / Maintain Omni and Lytx system access and role responsibilities in accordance with YRCW security guidelines
- Update Holland leadership on outages, delays or other system issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Take lead in any legal request, retention and discovery processes regarding the FMCSA hours of service or video system data
- Manage and retain all critical event data for large loss events
- Report on Audit Results via Power BI.
- Manage Hourly timekeeping, PTO request and department staffing requirements.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge and application of DOT laws and regulations. Working knowledge of FMCSA Hours of Service and electronic logging.
- Proven understanding of risk assessment and mitigation.
- Detail orientation with demonstrated research and reporting skills.
- Ability to utilize Office 365 and various company required software tools.
- Excellent communication skills to receive and convey information effectively: oral and written comprehension and expression.
- Demonstrates the Holland Core Values in daily interactions:
- Integrity in all our relationships, inside and outside the company
- Respect for each individual
- Excellence in all areas of customer service
- Hard work and continuous improvement.
- Safety in All we do
- Experience with Smith System Safe Driving Techniques and video based coaching systems.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence software
- This position has supervision and administrator’s direct reports
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL
- Primarily office work environment and may occasional travel.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
Lead the compliance team thru effective training, development, creation of processes and use of safety technology to ensure Holland operates safely and legally, while maintaining standard operating processes and implementing best practices to meet business requirements