Pricing Publisher(Holland, MI)
Responsibilities of the Pricing Publisher include:
- Review documentation provided by pricing analysts and account executives
to assure all aspects of the pricing to be published are addressed including
discounts/minimums, base rates, accessorials, fuel, and any special exceptions.
- Work closely with YRC legal when new contracts are presented to assure all aspects
have been addressed, providing the pricing appendix for contracts with YRC which Holland is party to and putting together all paperwork with the proper signatures for contracts directly with Holland once the contract is approved.
- Follow up with AE/CAE for contract documents that have not been returned with
- Review and resolve pricing application questions/issues generated from internal and
- Work with pricing analysts, AE/CAE, and Accounts Receivable to resolve pricing discrepancies.
- Work with YRC Territory Management to assure accounts are assigned to the proper
- Corporate account executive and all locations and divisions are entered and assigned as expected.
- For contracts with Third Party Providers work with pricing analyst and AE/CAE to assure all the proper letters of authorization have been provided and involvement of the Third Party Provider is very clear.
- Review and analyze special requests/unique pricing assuring the intent is clearly addressed in the pricing documents in order to prevent any confusion as to the application of said pricing.
- Implement pricing.
- Assure all documentation provided for publishing requests is imaged for future access.
- Manage all aspects of account coding.
- Monitor manual fuel scales.
- Provide backup for all other areas of the Publishing Group.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma required.
- Degree in business or one to two years of experience in a corporate environment helpful.
- Experience in the transportation industry is desired, but not required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Transportation industry experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Decision making and data entry skills
- Demonstrates the Holland Core Values in daily interactions:
- Hard work and continuous improvement
- Integrity in all our relationships
- Respect for each individual
- Excellence in all areas of customer service
- Safety in all we do
- Physical Requirements
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasional walking and standing; retrieving contract binders and documents from printers.
- Education and Experience
- Transportation industry experience
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilites
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and effective verbal and communication skills/abilities.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
Hours for this position are: 8am-5pm Monday thru Friday.