Operations Supervisor Trainee/Weight and Inspection: Akron, OH
Holland, Inc. a recognized leader in the transportation industry is in search of an Operations Supervisor Trainee for our Akron, OH terminal. Responsibilities include supervising drivers and dock workers engaged in the loading, unloading, and movement of freight; planning of daily resources to ensure on-time, claim-free delivery; coordination of daily freight movement process; enforcement of all company rules and regulations relating to safety, hazardous material, government regulations, and collective bargaining agreements. This position will also be part Weight and Inspections Coordinator. The Weight and Inspection Coordinator typically inspects suspicious shipments for erroneous commodity descriptions. As the service center's resident detective, the W&I Coordinator gathers, records, and reports evidence to prove the true nature of questionable shipments. Also, the W&I Coordinator makes customer calls jointly with Company sales staff to determine the proper classification of customer products.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in transportation or business aspirations for advancement and strong interest in learning the LTL industry.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Planning, organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Two - three years’ experience in Revenue Research, operations or sales preferred.
- One - two year's supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in the trucking industry.
- Knowledge of the National Master Freight Classification.
Requires occasional work in adverse weather conditions including, cold, excessive heat, rain, and snow. Not necessarily protected from temperature changes.
Holland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law