Operations Supervisor Trainee: Chattanooga, TN
- Learn to plan and direct resources to insure timely, damage-free, safe loading/unloading of freight
- Learn to build loads and review LTL workflows
- Schedule pickup and deliveries
- Collaborate with Account Executives to address customer concerns and grow the business
- Support the growth of personnel through on-the-job coaching and training of company standards
- Learn to lead a Team of Union Employees
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. High School or General Education Diploma required.
- Ability to learn proper freight handling procedures; previous experience with a LTL carrier is a plus.
- 2+ years supervisory experience, union environment is a plus.
- Commitment to customer service that can sometimes extend to off-shift or weekend work.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
As an Operations Supervisor trainee you are a critical part of the company’s achievements. You will learn to manage and coach a team to ensure the most efficient and cost effective routing of customer freight and ensure it is done in a timely and safe manner. In doing so you will learn to collaborate with many other areas of the company, working as a team, to deliver the best service possible to our customers.