Operations Supervisor-South Bend, IN (2nd Shift)
- Plan and direct resources to insuring timely, damage-free, safe loading/unloading of freight
- Build loads and review LTL workflows
- Schedule pickup and deliveries
- Collaborate with Account Executives to address customer concerns and grow the business
- Support the growth of personnel through on-the-job coaching and training of company standards
- High school education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of proper freight handling/loading techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of operations. Strong interpersonal skills to create conditions for cooperation and high standards of performance from subordinates.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work long hours including weekends and in inclement weather conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Business or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Previous experience with a LTL motor freight carrier with knowledge of hazardous materials and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Familiarity with mainframe computers and/or PC applications.
Are you looking for a new direction?
Come grow with us! The growth and success of our employees is important. Our Operations Supervisors will be guided to excel in key competencies that lead to operational success and overall leadership growth. We also offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package that stands out from the competition. Discover your direction at Holland!
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law
Holland is a recognized leader in next-day delivery, quality handling, and on-time performance in the LTL industry! Our dedicated team of professionals are committed to hard work, continuous improvement, integrity, respect, customer service and safety in all we do. These are the core values we live by every day!
As an Operations Supervisor you are a critical part of the company’s achievements. You will manage and coach a team to ensure the most efficient and cost effective routing of customer freight and ensure it is done in a timely and safe manner. In doing so you will collaborate with many other areas of the company, working as a team, to deliver the best service possible to our customers.
Holland is hiring an Outbound Operation Supervisor at our facility in South Bend, Indiana.
This is an off-shift. Typical start time of 2:00 pm