Operations Supervisor (Outbound): Wheeling, IL
- Plan and direct resources to insuring timely, damage-free, safe loading/unloading of freight
- Build loads and review LTL workflows
- Schedule pickup and deliveries
- Collaborate with Account Executives to address customer concerns and grow the business
- Support the growth of personnel through on-the-job coaching and training of company standards
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Business or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Previous experience with a LTL motor freight carrier with knowledge of hazardous materials and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Familiarity with mainframe computers and/or PC applications.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
HPROTo apply please email email@example.com
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
As an Operations Supervisor you are a critical part of the company’s achievements. You will manage and coach a team to ensure the most efficient and cost effective routing of customer freight and ensure it is done in a timely and safe manner. In doing so you will collaborate with many other areas of the company, working as a team, to deliver the best service possible to our customers.
Holland is hiring an Operations Supervisor at our Wheeling, IL terminal.