Operations Supervisor (Inbound), Omaha, Nebraska
We are looking for the next rockstar Inbound Operation Supervisor at our facility in Council Bluffs, IA. Come discover your direction at Holland, Inc., a recognized leader in next-day delivery, quality handling, and on-time performance in the LTL industry.
You will supervise and coordinate all activities of dockworkers and other support personnel. Provide planning, direction and control of all available resources for insuring timely, damage-free, safe loading/unloading of freight on assigned shifts. Provide support personnel and dockworker training and performance feedback to ensure that all work is performed according to company approved procedures and standards.
Successful candidates will possess
- High school education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of proper freight handling/loading techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of operations. Strong interpersonal skills to create conditions for cooperation and high standards of performance from subordinates.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work long hours including weekends and in inclement weather conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Business or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Previous experience with a LTL motor freight carrier with knowledge of hazardous materials and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Familiarity with mainframe computers and/or PC applications.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
To apply please email Jesse.Pless@usfc.com
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!