Operations Manager (Outbound): Chicago, IL
Responsibilities include the management of supervisors including the supervision of drivers, dock workers and clerical staff related to the loading, unloading and movement of freight, including all pertinent clerical functions. As well as working in direct conjunction with the terminal manager for enforcement of all company rules and regulations relating to safety, hazardous materials, government regulations and collective bargaining agreements.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in the transportation industry
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills on a management level
- Demonstrated organizational abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation or Business
- Five to seven years experience in front-line supervision
- Knowledge of applicable collective bargaining and work rule agreements
- Effective training capabilities
- Exposure to all operations departments including Linehaul, City Dispatch and Sales
- Knowledge of equipment and facility maintenance procedures
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
HPROTo Apply please email email@example.com
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
As an Operations Manager you are a critical part of the company’s achievements. You will manage and coach a team to ensure the most efficient and cost effective routing of customer freight and ensure it is done in a timely and safe manner. In doing so you will collaborate with many other areas of the company, working as a team, to deliver the best service possible to our customers.
Holland is hiring an Operations Manager at our Chicago, IL terminal.