Operations Manager - Indianapolis, Indiana
Holland, Inc., a recognized leader in the transportation industry, is in search for an Operations Manager for our Indianapolis, Indiana terminal. Responsibilities include:
- Management of supervisors including the supervision of drivers, dock workers and clerical staff related to the loading, unloading and movement of freight, including all pertinent clerical functions.
- Working in direct conjunction with the terminal manager for enforcement of all company rules and regulations relating to safety, hazardous materials, government regulations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in the transportation industry
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills on a management level
- Demonstrated organizational abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation or Business
- Five to seven years experience in front-line supervision
- Knowledge of applicable collective bargaining and work rule agreements
- Effective training capabilities
- Exposure to all operations departments including Linehaul, City Dispatch and Sales
- Knowledge of equipment and facility maintenance procedures
- Holland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!