Safety Intern - Holland, Michigan
Responsibilities are project focused including:
- In-depth network operations analysis
- On-the-job problem solving and continuous improvement skill development
- Presentation (verbal and written) skill development
The internship will include active employment for 10 - 12 weeks during the summer months (mid-May through mid-August) , Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
- Successful candidates will be a student in a recognized university Occupational, Safety and Health program, Junior level or greater.
- Strong desire to learn and apply proof of concept
- Stong Mircrosoft Office skills (Excell, Word, Powerpoint)
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
You have worked hard and are ready to use your education in the field as an intern. Shouldn't your internship experience be with the industry best?
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
This internship will be located in our Main Office in Holland Michigan, working with our Safety Team. Opportunity exists for Full Time employment after graduation.
This intern will enjoy research, analytics and have an interest in industrial safety. The project will include root cause analysis, what SIF’s( Serious Injury and Fatality) are as well as best practice benchmarking.