Mechanic: Wheeling, IL
Come discover your direction at Holland! Holland, Inc., is a recognized leader in next-day delivery, quality handling, and on-time performance in the LTL industry. Holland is hiring mechanics at our Equipment Maintenance Center in _________________
If you are seeking a new opportunity that offers great pay and benefits this is the opportunity for you!
- Repair, adjust, replace and overhaul a wide variety of diesel and gasoline engines
- inspect, repair, replace and modify components of engines
- Inspect, repair and/or replace any and all faulty or damaged items, components, parts or systems of company assets
- Trouble shooting and diagnostics
- Perform preventative maintenance duties and responsibilities including all paperwork associated with it
- Determine serviceability and replacement needs for vehicles & equipment
- Maintain & update inventory using systems provided by Holland to do so
- Tire inspection, removal & replacement
- Maintain & update repair orders and records
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Provide own core tools
- Basic Body, fender, fiberglass work and paint
- Perform and complete any and all duties, responsibilities and directives given my management
Successful candidates will have experience in general maintenance repairs of fleet equipment, including tractors, trailers and forklifts.
- Welding (Arc & Acetylene)
- Equipment electronics, hydraulics & carburetors
- DOT rules & regulations
- Knowledge of DOT laws
- CDL preferred but not required
- Familiarity with diagnostic computer software
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
Attention Veterans: Holland is fervently committed to the recruitment and placement of veterans throughout our footprint. Whether you are re-entering the civilian workforce or just looking for a company that will respect and utilize the valuable skills you picked up in the armed forces, Holland can help you take that next step in your career. Recognized by organizations like the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency (Silver Status) and GI Jobs (Bronze Status), Holland is dedicated to ensuring we are a military friendly employer, during hire and after. To date, roughly 7% of Holland’s employees are veterans and that number is growing. Come discover your direction with Holland!