Mechanic (Full Time): Detroit, MI
Come discover your direction at Holland!
Holland, Inc., is a recognized leader in next-day delivery, quality handling, and on-time performance in the LTL industry.
Holland is hiring mechanics at our Equipment Maintenance Center in Detroit, MI
If you are seeking a new opportunity that offers great pay and benefits this is the opportunity for you!
- Repair, adjust, replace and overhaul a wide variety of diesel and gasoline engines
- inspect, repair, replace and modify components of engines
- Inspect, repair and/or replace any and all faulty or damaged items, components, parts or systems of company assets
- Trouble shooting and diagnostics
- Perform preventative maintenance duties and responsibilities including all paperwork associated with it
- Determine serviceability and replacement needs for vehicles & equipment
- Maintain & update inventory using systems provided by Holland to do so
- Tire inspection, removal & replacement
- Maintain & update repair orders and records
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Provide own core tools
- Basic Body, fender, fiberglass work and paint
- Perform and complete any and all duties, responsibilities and directives given my management
Successful candidates will have experience in general maintenance repairs of fleet equipment, including tractors, trailers and forklifts.
Preferred candidates are skilled in:
- Welding (Arc & Acetylene
- Equipment electronics, hydraulics & carburetors
- DOT rules & regulations
- Knowledge of DOT laws
- CDL preferred but not required.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law