Mechanic Apprentice - Wheeling IL
Come discover your direction at Holland!Holland, Inc., is a recognized leader in next-day delivery, quality handling, and on-time performance in the LTL industry. Holland is now offering a Mechanic Apprentice Program at our Equipment Maintenance Center in Wheeling IL. This program gives an opportunity to work along side a qualified Mechanic to gain the skills/knowledge necessary to become a full time Mechanic with Holland
If you are seeking a new opportunity that offers great pay and benefits this is the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities of Full Time/Qualified Mechanics:
- Repair, adjust, replace and overhaul a wide variety of diesel and gasoline engines
- inspect, repair, replace and modify components of engines
- Inspect, repair and/or replace any and all faulty or damaged items, components, parts or systems of company assets
- Trouble shooting and diagnostics
- Perform preventative maintenance duties and responsibilities including all paperwork associated with it
- Determine serviceability and replacement needs for vehicles & equipment
- Maintain & update inventory using systems provided by Holland to do so
- Tire inspection, removal & replacement
- Maintain & update repair orders and records
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Provide own core tools
- Basic Body, fender, fiberglass work and paint
- Perform and complete any and all duties, responsibilities and directives given my management
Successful candidates will possess general Mechanical knowledge and have an interest in becoming a full time Mechanic with Holland.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently attending or has attended a vocational school for Mechanics.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!