Manager, IT Systems Development/Support
- Responsible for managing the IT Development/Systems Support personnel.
- Ensure the integrity and continuity of the company’s information systems.
- Develop and communicate measurable objectives for the department.
- Responsible for determining appropriate staffing and for balancing internal and external IT Development and Systems Support resources.
- Responsible for talent management, including individual and team development.
- Ensure the adequacy of the tools & materials needed to effectively meet the needs of the business.
- Monitor and participate in technology activities with other IT areas.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance to all IT Development and Systems Support procedures, including SOX.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to design, develop and execute IT solutions in a timely manner.
- Monitor and communicate the expectations, risks, progress, timeliness and milestones of IT projects.
- Governance of IT Development and Systems Support related expenses and cost reduction opportunities and activities.
- 5+ years managing an IT department.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Demonstrated leadership (team lead, project management, etc.)
- Experience coding with a program language.
- Experience managing complex projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Solution selection, design and implementation for large scale, complex environments
- IT vendor management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in talent management and employee development.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software and IT project management
- Manager level experience of 10+ IT resources in Application Development and Systems Support.
- Experience with a .NET framework (preferably C#) and SQL.
- Freight and Logistics industry experience
- Advanced degree in related field
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Holland Inc. is the largest Regional Less-than-Truckload (LTL) freight carrier in the Country and a Division of YRC Worldwide, one of the largest, most comprehensive LTL networks in North America. Based in Holland, Michigan; We lead the freight industry in Technology and process improvements. This is why Holland boasts the highest levels of On-time Delivery and the lowest damage claims in the industry.
We are seeking a Manager of IT Systems Development/Support to join the Information Technology team at the Holland Regional Corporate Office in Holland, Michigan.
Overall responsibility include the management and governance of the IT Systems Development/Support areas of the Information Technology (IT) department. Expected to provide operational leadership and direction to deliver optimized solutions through the IT Systems Development/Support teams and to support other functional area leaders to help achieve the company’s overall objectives. Define and implement IT strategies and solutions that meet present needs and to promote an environment of innovative thinking that anticipates and acts on future needs.