Maintenance Coordinator: Charlotte, NC
- Provide direction to all levels; vendors, mechanics, administrative to ensure all repair and maintenance work is performed safe, efficient and timely.
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity, while managing cost.
- Report to management on performance, and implement procedures for process or programmatic changes for improvement for efficiencies.
- Manage and evaluate outside repair facilities to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with the company’s safety and compliance procedures, and federal and state regulations; follow up where appropriate.
- Identify training opportunities and, as necessary, document issues and constructively discuss corrective action as needed.
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track issues and issue resolution to ensure all work is properly completed and is in accordance with the company’s safety and compliance procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Maintain knowledge and maintenance functions of all equipment used by the company.
- Manage related administrative matters for your location, including all invoices, maintenance records, coding, expense reports etc.
- Manage and report on tire inventory, including required counts, invoices and records.
- Manage and report on all parts inventory, including required counts, invoices and records.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in accordance to federal/state and company policy with regard to safety, reliability, and minimizing costs
- Manage effective utilization of equipment assets to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure the 5’s at maintenance shops and terminal locations through regular inspections.
- Conduct fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
Minimum requirements for successful candidates must have 4 to 6 years experience working with Class 8 equipment, knowledge of Word and Excel. ASE Certification in Class 8 equipment, managing vendors and knowledge of DOT requirements a plus.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law
The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the management of fleet equipment at one or more locations and managing vendor(s) who are responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of their assigned fleet. The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for providing direction, either directly or indirectly, to an outside vendor to ensure that all repairs and maintenance to Holland’s equipment, including tractors, trailers, dollies, forklifts, switchers and straight trucks are performed in compliance with the company’s safety and maintenance standards, and in compliance with all federal and state regulations. The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for planning and scheduling the repair work for his or her locations to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity and managing maintenance expense.