Maintenance Call Center Technician: Holland, MI
Deliver personal service to drivers and vendors via telephone contact in response to breakdowns and other equipment needs. Ensure driver satisfaction by listening and responding to their needs and requirements. Use computer programs to review and/or modify vehicle repair information. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
1. Expediting repair services and contacting terminals and/or central dispatch. Contact terminal(s) and relay operations when needed to ensure all are kept updated on service issues.
2. Provide support information and support services to shops, terminals, and operators of equipment within and outside the company.
3. Follow up on equipment repairs for further inspection needs, warranty and history information as required. Generate reports and process invoices in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment.
4. Look for patterns by driver, location, fleet or type defect that may assist management in specing, purchasing, and/or modifying the fleet as well as managing the drivers.
5. Provide authorization and repair processing information to vendors and others needing vehicle repair guidance.
6. Identify issues and opportunities that contribute to process improvement. Participate in efforts to implement solutions, working on team objectives and goals. Assist in making organizational and technological changes invisible to the customer.
1. High School diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework preferred.
2. Must have knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair services.
3. Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
4. Proficiency in computer use - data entry, Microsoft Outlook
5. Knowledge of the transportation industry preferred.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!