Instructional Designer - Holland, Michigan
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify target audience training needs and translate job specific skills and processes into consumable and SCORM compliant curriculum.
- Develop learning objectives to ensure content meets company objectives and business goals using methodologies such as A.D.D.I.E., SAM, and AGILE models.
- Develop learner-centric eLearning course materials which facilitate the transfer and retention of knowledge, skills, and competencies.
- Support the Learning Management System build and use, including e-learning content uploading and hosting, user training support, troubleshooting and system maintenance.
- Support compliance with corporate policies, processes, and procedures through the use of the LMS and other reporting systems.
- Create supporting material (audio, video, simulations, job aides, participant guides, exercises, etc.) to enhance the learning process.
- Establish trust and credibility by maintaining a high level of integrity and communications with field leadership teams to support operational performance.
- Benchmark instructional design theories, practices, and methods to enhance learning and business performance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Design and Technology, Learning Design, Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Minimum 3 year's experience in designing, developing, and implementing training solutions that improve employee performance.
- Minimum 3 year's experience with instructional technology software (e.g. Storyline), learning management systems, and/or other structured data and tracking tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office 365, Skype for Business and various company required software tools.
- Excellent communication skills to receive and convey information effectively: Oral and written comprehension and expression including the ability to conduct group presentations, write effective instructional text and video/audio scripts.
- Prior Talent Management Systems experience (e.g. Cornerstone OnDemand or Taleo Learn).
- Prior Articulate Storyline and Articulate Review experience.
- APTD and/or CPLP Certification.
- E-Learning Instructional Design, Articulate Storyline, or Technical Writing Certification.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
Holland is adding the newly created position of Instructional Designer to our Talent Development team.
The Talent Development department exists to strengthen and expand employees capability, commitment and contribution through practical learning and employee engagement. As part of a team of talent development practitioners, this position leads and support the effective use of instructional technology, creates compelling learning content and support materials, and reliably administers employee engagement processes.