Industrial Relations Manager
Responsibilities of the Industrial Relations Manager include:
- Implement program initiatives to promote positive labor/management relations
- Work closely with local union representatives and Terminal Managers to resolve issues regarding operations, safety, discipline and grievances
- Interpret and ensure all safety and labor relations activities conform to company and site policies/procedures and legal requirements
- Serve as consultant for day-to-day employee relation issues across an assigned region
- Analyze safety performance trends to assist in planning; recognize positive behaviors and performance
- This position includes up to 60% travel.
Successful candidates will posses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or relevant field; 5-10 years Industrial Relations experience, two of which in a union environment
- Demonstrated competency in labor negotiations, safety administration, and policy development, preferably within the transportation industry
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Lawson HRIS preferred
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Hard Work has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!