Human Resources Intern - Holland, Michigan
Responsibilities are project focused including:
- Audit of available people-related policy documents, matched to needs, verified against competing documents, and updated to a current language/format.
- Complete benchmarking studies within the parent company organizational umbrella and within the industry for best practice and alignment.
- Additional project(s) may be included if time allows.
Other exposure and activities can include:
- Personnel Management
- Talent Acquisition strategies
- Training and Development
- Benefits Administration
- Labor Relations
The internship will include active employment for 10 - 12 weeks during the summer months (mid-May through mid-August) , Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
- Successful candidates will be a student in a recognized university Human Resources program, Junior level or greater.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction based on prior experience in similar role; able to prioritize multiple tasks; strong communication skills; able to accomplish assignments confidentially in a time sensitive environment.
- Prior technical writing experience preferred.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
You have worked hard and are ready to use your education in the field as an intern. Shouldn't your internship experience be with the industry best?
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
This internship will be located in our Main Office in Holland Michigan, working with our Human Resource Team. Opportunity exists for Full Time employment into the Human Resource Team.