Garage Supervisor: Cincinnati, OH
- Ensure the efficient movement of inbound tractors, trailers through the service lanes.
- Maintain required maintenance documentation.
- Coordinate maintenance on all equipment. Coordinate a cost effective preventative maintenance program providing for safe, clean, driver acceptable equipment.
- Supervise the repair of equipment ensuring timeliness in meeting system demands.
- Maintain inventory control on all repair parts and tools. Review repair orders for accurate listing and extension of repair parts, maintaining proper accountability of chargeable repair parts.
- Train and develop assigned staff for providing timely and quality repair.
- Ensure the shop safety process is followed. Effectively communicate safety topics and perform safety inspection of tools and facilities as required.
- Help schedule and coordinate end of line terminals with repair of linehaul and P&D equipment.
- Ensure compliance with company and government required policies and procedures.
- Work with the shop team to meet safety goals.
- Coordinate the inspection, maintenance and repair of linehaul, P&D equipment and/or supervise the rebuild of components and equipment repair.
- Ensure that repairs are timely for meeting system demands and for providing safe, reliable and driver acceptable equipment.
Successful candidates will possess
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Basic technical knowledge of equipment mechanics.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be available to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have a satisfactory record of previous employment.
- Bachelors degree or college level course work.
- Two plus years of supervisory experience or formal management training.
- Background/knowledge of equipment maintenance.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
This is a full time position working Monday thru Friday, 4 PM - 1 AM.