Prepare billing for freight movement and invoicing by customers for shipping charges incurred in transportation of freight. Provide accurate and timely billing and follow-up. Hours for this position are 5:30pm-2:00am (or until billing is complete).
$14.00 per hour PLUS COMPANY PAID HEALTH CARE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accurately transfer information from the bill of lading to the freight bill. Exact names and addresses, correct zip codes, complete commodity descriptions and special information (COD amounts, purchase order numbers, etc) are required on the freight bill so the shipment can be delivered and the charges correctly assessed and collected.
1. Experience using a mainframe computer for access to review and/or enter data.
2. Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
3. Effective organizational and prioritization skills for managing work load.
4. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills for dealing with internal and external customers.
5. 10-key by touch for calculating totals.
6. These worker characteristics are normally acquired through completion of a high school education or equivalent, courses in operating office equipment and 6 to 9 months related experience.
1. Previous experience in freight billing.
2. Experience in transportation industry.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law