Equipment Services Supervisor: Detroit, MI
1. Plan, organize and coordinate maintenance of linehaul and city equipment for assigned area. Schedule equipment maintenance to coordinate with needs of Operations. Ensure maintenance activities provide reliable, cost effective and driver acceptable equipment on a timely basis. Plan and organize accident repair for linehaul tractors. Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance of city and linehaul equipment at assigned facilities.
2. Manage and coordinate in and out-of-service of new and trade equipment. Maintain maintenance records ensuring accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
3. Maintain cost control of expenditures for maintenance facility, parts inventory and equipment. Ensure procurement of quality parts and materials from vendors at competitive prices.
4. Hire, train, evaluate and coach subordinates within assigned area. Communicate, monitor and maintain compliance with company work rules, policies and procedures.
5. Maintain a safe working environment through good housekeeping, safety awareness training, and proactive employee involvement.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
3. A team player with an ability to motivate.
1. 2 years as a first line supervisor in maintenance.
2. Experience as first line supervisor in maintenance shop operations.
3. Technical training to include specific instruction in diesel engines, transmissions, and differentials
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law
COME DISCOVER YOUR DIRECTION WITH HOLLAND!!
The Detroit terminal garage is looking for an Equipment Services Supervisor to ensure timely delivery of safe and reliable equipment to drivers in assigned area(s). In this position the candidate will be required to plan, organize and coordinate maintenance activities for city and linehaul equipment in a cost-effective manner, manage expenditures for maintenance facility, parts inventory and equipment and plan, organize and coordinate rebuild of linehaul engines and components.