Equipment Services Manager: Wheeling, IL
- Plan, organize and coordinate maintenance of linehaul and city equipment for assigned area.
- Schedule equipment maintenance to coordinate with needs of Operations.
- Ensure maintenance activities provide reliable, cost effective and driver acceptable equipment on a timely basis.
- Plan and organize accident repair for linehaul tractors.
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance of city and linehaul equipment at assigned facilities.
- Manage and coordinate in and out-of-service of new and trade equipment.
- Maintain maintenance records ensuring accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain cost control of expenditures for maintenance facility, parts inventory and equipment.
- Ensure procurement of quality parts and materials from vendors at competitive prices.
- Hire, train, evaluate and coach subordinates within assigned area.
- Communicate, monitor and maintain compliance with company work rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe working environment through good housekeeping, safety awareness training, and proactive employee involvement.
Successful candidates will possess
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A team player with an ability to motivate.
- 2 years as a first line supervisor in maintenance.
- Experience as first line supervisor in maintenance shop operations.
- Technical training to include specific instruction in diesel engines, transmissions, and differentials
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
#CB#To apply please email Jesse.Pless@usfc.com
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!