Equipment Services Manager: Wheeling, IL
Ensure timely delivery of safe and reliable equipment to drivers in assigned area(s). Plan, organize and coordinate maintenance activities for city and linehaul equipment in a cost-effective manner. Manage expenditures for maintenance facility, parts inventory and equipment. Plan, organize and coordinate rebuild of linehaul engines and components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plan, organize and coordinate maintenance of linehaul and city equipment for assigned area. Schedule equipment maintenance to coordinate with needs of Operations. Ensure maintenance activities provide reliable, cost effective and driver acceptable equipment on a timely basis. Plan and organize accident repair for linehaul tractors. Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance of city and linehaul equipment at assigned facilities.
2. Manage and coordinate in and out-of-service of new and trade equipment. Maintain maintenance records ensuring accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
3. Maintain cost control of expenditures for maintenance facility, parts inventory and equipment. Ensure procurement of quality parts and materials from vendors at competitive prices.
4. Hire, train, evaluate and coach subordinates within assigned area. Communicate, monitor and maintain compliance with company work rules, policies and procedures.
5. Maintain a safe working environment through good housekeeping, safety awareness training, and proactive employee involvement.
Hours 7:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. @ our Wheeling, IL Terminal
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
3. A team player with an ability to motivate.
1. 2 years as a first line supervisor in maintenance.
2. Experience as first line supervisor in maintenance shop operations.
3. Technical training to include specific instruction in diesel engines, transmissions, and differentials
To apply please email Melanie.Davis@usfc.com
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!