Equipment Services (2nd Shift) - Detroit, MI
- Comply with all company policies local work and safety rules, and federal, state, and local regulations that govern the industry.
- Perform routine ordering of parts while maintaining our parts inventory within set budgets.
- Posting of parts to work orders, transfering of parts to end of line locations and other shop locations.
- Monthly stock inventory reporting and maintenance
- Tire inventory and transfers.
- Ordering of lubes and fluids within compnay guidelines.
- History checks in our fleet system
- Warrenty of OEM and aftermarket parts.
- Inventory turn 12-14 times per year.
- Determine serviceability and replacement needs for vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain accurate record of materials used on each job and repairs performed.
- Participate in training programs; maintain and update safety skills and knowledge; keep current with hazardous material training requirements.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service and professionalism within the company and the industry.
- Training and education in principles of gasoline and diesel engine as applied to the maintenance and parts required for transportation equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must have the ability to type and perform data entry in a proficient manor.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, read orders and work instructions, and make accurate entries in the daily log.
- Must be able to follow posted safety rules and safe operating procedures to insure proper techniques, such as lifting, are performed in the manner as which is described.
- Ability to work various shifts and days of the week.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and maintain balance for extensive periods of time.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 58 lbs from 0” to 36” and carry objects up to 50 feet. Occasionally lift up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and crawls frequently to inspect different parts on vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to frequently twist, pushes, and pulls from a variety of positions to inspect parts on equipment. Ability to frequently grip and grasp parts. Manipulative skills and dexterity to operate equipment.
- Ability to frequently climb to get in vehicles, on a step ladder to reach the engine compartment and stairs.
- Ability to reach frequently overhead as well as horizontally while stocking parts.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!