Equipment Services (2nd Shift) - Detroit, MI
- Comply with all company policies local work and safety rules, and federal, state, and local regulations that govern the industry.
- Perform routine ordering of parts while maintaining our parts inventory within set budgets.
- Posting of parts to work orders, transfering of parts to end of line locations and other shop locations.
- Monthly stock inventory reporting and maintenance
- Tire inventory and transfers.
- Ordering of lubes and fluids within compnay guidelines.
- History checks in our fleet system
- Warrenty of OEM and aftermarket parts.
- Inventory turn 12-14 times per year.
- Determine serviceability and replacement needs for vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain accurate record of materials used on each job and repairs performed.
- Participate in training programs; maintain and update safety skills and knowledge; keep current with hazardous material training requirements.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service and professionalism within the company and the industry.
- Training and education in principles of gasoline and diesel engine as applied to the maintenance and parts required for transportation equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must have the ability to type and perform data entry in a proficient manor.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, read orders and work instructions, and make accurate entries in the daily log.
- Must be able to follow posted safety rules and safe operating procedures to insure proper techniques, such as lifting, are performed in the manner as which is described.
- Ability to work various shifts and days of the week.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and maintain balance for extensive periods of time.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 58 lbs from 0” to 36” and carry objects up to 50 feet. Occasionally lift up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and crawls frequently to inspect different parts on vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to frequently twist, pushes, and pulls from a variety of positions to inspect parts on equipment. Ability to frequently grip and grasp parts. Manipulative skills and dexterity to operate equipment.
- Ability to frequently climb to get in vehicles, on a step ladder to reach the engine compartment and stairs.
- Ability to reach frequently overhead as well as horizontally while stocking parts.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law
Come discover your direction with Holland!!
Holland, Inc., a recognized leader in the transportation industry, is in search of a Partsman for our Romulus, MI Equipment Service Center. This position is responsible for performing the necessary parts department functions for ordering, stocking of parts for Holland’s maintenance of transportation vehicles and dock equipment; maintain inventory; purchase from approved vendors, enter and maintain parts in our maintenance system.