Driver - OTR / Regional (Class A): Charlotte, NC
Holland is hiring Class A CDL Regional (over the road) drivers at our Charlotte terminal. Holland's regional drivers are generally dispatched out on Sunday or Monday evening and scheduled to return to domiciled terminal on the following Saturday or Sunday. If you are seeking a new opportunity that offers great pay and benefits this is the opportunity for you.
- Safely and efficiently operate commercial motor vehicles in urban, suburban, and rural areas in all weather conditions to transport freight
- Load, unload, and move materials
- Comply with company policies and federal, state and local regulations
- Follow company procedures for safely loading and unloading freight
- Take and verify dispatch instructions
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination (vans)
- Load and unload freight in varying weather conditions at the company and customer facilities
- Safe operation of equipment and on-time movement of shipments
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Maintain electronic logs according to state and federal regulations
Full- time driver benefits include:
- Company paid Health Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick pay
- Pension Benefits
- Direct Deposit
- 5% Wage Increase after 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years
- Cost of living increases are included in contract
Qualified Drivers should have:
- Valid Class A CDL and safe driving record/history.
- Minimum one year or 50,000 miles verifiable driving experience in the most recent 5 years
- Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsement
- No major accidents in the last 3 years
- Must pass a DOT drug test, DOT physical and Physical Abilities Test
- DUI/DWI in the last 3 years not permitted
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!