Driver Instructor - Wheeling IL
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train new employees participating in the Driver Training Program to safely and efficiently operate Holland driving equipment, including: vehicle inspection and reports, backing skills, shifting techniques, electronic logging device utilization, trailer connect/disconnect, safe street operation.
- Model and verify safe behaviors, including the Smith System keys. Support the reduction of collision and risk of injury through demonstration and verification of Holland safety requirements when in and around tractor trailers.
- Monitor the progression of candidates in the Driver Training Program; identify gaps and provide additional assistance as necessary.
- Provide necessary reports in support of Talent Acquisition and Terminal Operation goals.
- Establish trust and credibility by maintaining a high level of integrity and communications with terminal hiring teams to support operational performance. Align goals with Talent Acquisition, Safety, Human Resources, and Labor.
- Assist with the coordination of third party resources (Driver Training Schools) to meet talent needs and ensure compliance with Federal, State and local DOT requirements.
- Ensure compliance to company policies, process, and procedures with EEOC, Federal and State laws.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED with 3+ years’ CDL-A tractor/trailer driving experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Valid CDL Class A and XT endorsements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) compliance requirements.
- Ability to utilize apply the Smith System Keys to routine driving situations.
- Excellent communication skills to receive and convey information effectively: interpersonal, coaching and training skills.
- Able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, frequent walking and standing
- Demonstrates the Holland Core Values in daily interactions:
- Hard work and continuous improvement
- Integrity in all our relationships
- Respect for each individual
- Excellence in all areas of customer service
- Safety in all we do
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
In addition to a great hourly rate, this position includes one of the best benefits packages in the industry at NO cost to you!