Dock to Driver Training Program: Tomah, WI
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges, varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease.
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, and maintain balance for extensive periods of time. The ability to frequently lift up to 55 lbs. from floor to above shoulder and horizontally, and carry objects up to 100 feet. Occasionally lift up to 70 lbs. Seldomly lift up to 100 lbs. Ability to push/pull up to 128 lbs for extensive periods of time. Ability to perform repetitive tasks; stretch, turn, twist, and reach overhead; bend, crouch, squat, kneel and stoop for extensive periods of time. The ability to operate forklift, dolly, hand truck, pallet truck, carts, and other equipment is necessary for loading and unloading freight.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write and converse in English.
- Ability to record applicable freight information on bill of lading and match information on freight bill with description on bill of lading.
- Must be able to follow posted safety rules and safe operating procedures to insure proper techniques, such as lifting, are performed in the manner as which is described.
- Experience operating a forklift.
- Have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Have a record of safe and competent driving as demonstrated on a state Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a Class A Permit (within 60 days of employment).
- Must obtain a Class A license with Hazmat and Tanker endorsement within 6 months of employment.
- Be willing and able to obtain a Certified DOT Medical Card (prior to starting trainee program).
- Meet all DOT requirements.
- Have a reliable form of transportation.
- Experience in a warehouse or transportation industry.