Dispatch Supervisor: Atlanta, GA
- Supervise and coordinate dispatching of multiple drivers in an allotted region
- Provide planning, direction and control of all available resources for insuring timely, damage-free, safe delivery of freight on assigned shifts.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of proper freight handling/loading techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of operations. Strong interpersonal skills to create conditions for cooperation and high standards of performance from subordinates.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work long hours including weekends and in inclement weather conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Business or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Previous experience with a LTL motor freight carrier with knowledge of hazardous materials and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Familiarity with mainframe computers and/or PC applications.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law
Holland is a recognized leader in next-day delivery, quality handling, and on-time performance in the LTL industry! Our dedicated team of professionals are committed to hard work, continuous improvement, integrity, respect, customer service and safety in all we do. These are the core values we live by every day!
As an Dispatch Supervisor you are a critical part of the company’s achievements. You will manage and coach a team to ensure the most efficient and cost effective routing of customer freight and ensure it is done in a timely and safe manner. In doing so you will collaborate with many other areas of the company, working as a team, to deliver the best service possible to our customers