Dispatch Supervisor - 3rd Shift
This is a 3rd shift position running M-F 23:30-07:30.
Would you enjoy the challenge of putting a puzzle together every day in order to create efficiency within our network?
In this role you will be:
- working with terminal supervision, drivers and other dispatch employees
- coordinating the movement of 1600 linehaul drivers on a nightly basis
- issue driver assignments/instructions
- schedule departures and arrivals
- Answer procedural and Hazmat questions
- Optimize Line Haul efficiencies to facilitate cost reduction
- Work with internal and external customers
The qualified candidate needs to:
- Exhibit a positive attitude working well in a team environment
- Have excellent analytical, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Be an active listener with strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Provide a strong work ethic
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Business or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Previous experience with a LTL motor freight carrier with knowledge of hazardous materials and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Familiarity with mainframe computers and/or PC applications.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!