Director, Equipment Maintenance
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Formulating policies and strategy and managing daily operations
- Continuous improvement
- Collaboration with multi-functional departments and external vendor partners to achieve high levels of safety, reliability, and minimizing costs
- Influence staff through targeted activities designed to improve the engagement of the employees in your care, and ensure that any leaders who report to you do the same.
Successful candidates will possess:
- 10+ years’ experience of fleet maintenance management or related field
- General knowledge of fleet equipment, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenanc
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource principles, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective and safe operations for the protection of people and property.
- Excellent communication skills to receive and convey information effectively: oral and written expression, oral and written comprehension
- Bachelor's Degree
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
Holland is looking for a Director of Equipment Maintenance. This position can located ANYWHERE in Holland's 14 State footprint. This position will lead and direct the equipment maintenance operations for an all asset based industry leader comprised of a 12,500 fleet. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies and strategy, managing daily operations, continuous improvement, collaboration with multi-functional departments and external vendor partners to achieve high levels of safety, reliability, and minimizing costs. Influence staff through targeted activities designed to improve the engagement of the employees in your care, and ensure that any leaders who report to you do the same.