Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
- Collaborates with end users in the design and development of custom Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards, metrics and reports.
- Analyzes and evaluates end user’s reporting needs and translates business requirements into detailed technical design and programming specifications.
- Researches and conducts data analysis in support of resolution of production issues.
- Coordinates with other IT groups and other departments in the resolution of problem calls.
- Documents all report related activities including user requests, report specification, development, modification, testing and on-going production support.
- Creates dashboard and reporting solutions to meet user needs and requirements. Ensures development of entire dashboard life cycle including coding, unit testing, bug fixes and report design.
- Identify activities and deliverables required to successfully complete projects
- Coordinate Operations IT request lists and assist with setting and communicating priorities
- Test and validate quality of technology solutions
- Bachelor’s degree with business or technology focus preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience in technology integration related role
- Microsoft SQL Server / TSQL
- Microsoft Excel (intermediate level)
- Reporting tools (ideally, Power BI and Reporting Services)
- Microsoft Office 365 suite of tools
- Understanding of relational databases
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience implementing technology solutions in a business or operations environment
- Experience in testing technology solutions to ensure quality standards are met.
Founded in 1929 in Holland, Michigan. Holland is a company that is rich in tradition but has set its sights on the future. Holland prides itself on being one of the best Regional Freight companies in the country. A culture that inspires out of the box thinking, problem solving, and leadership. If you are looking for a challenge with a great company that invests in their people and their technology, then this could be the right place for you.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer based in our Holland, Michigan Headquarters.
As the Business Intelligence Developer, you will, in collaboration with stakeholders, design and develop custom Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards, metrics and reports. You will translate business requirements into detailed technical design and programming specifications, conduct data analysis, identify data sources, and create and modify data architecture as necessary. Further, you will ensure the development of entire dashboard life cycle including coding, unit testing and bug fixes.