Assistant Terminal Manager: St. Louis, MO
- Actively engages in building a culture that puts Safety First, thus reducing the risk of injuries, accidents, and cargo claims. Ensures engagement and accountability for all safety policies and processes, insists on compliance with federal/state regulations and company and area policies/procedures, and conducts regular self-audits.
- Directs and coordinates all activities of the terminal operation which enables Holland to deliver superior service while safely operating in cycle and minimizing costs – all while embedding Holland’s Core Values throughout the operation.
- Develop and maintain a structure of accountability and responsibility with their management team which enables them to execute on lead measures, resulting in continuous improvement on Holland’s process Keystones.
- Ensures effective hiring, on-boarding, training, coaching, and development of all terminal personnel. Establishes and communicates performance expectations, consistently monitors performance, and gives positive and corrective performance feedback, as appropriate.
- Maintains a good working relationship with labor by resolving problems in a fair and timely manner and establishing respectful relationships with local union leadership. Promotes a work environment where all people are treated with dignity and respect.
- Supports terminal sales efforts to achieve forecast attainment by building positive business relationships with the local sales team and customers. Addresses specific customer related issues in collaboration with the local sales team. Recommends and implements business solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years of experience in supervision/management roles in the transportation industry
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective delegation skills
- Computer proficiency, including file management, Excel, and Word
- Skilled at data analysis and problem solving
- Specialized skills, training, and/or licensing
- Knowledge of local contract and application
- Prior experience in the management of a large facility in the LTL industry
Holland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Holland, Inc., a recognized leader in the transportation industry, is in search of an Assistant Terminal Manager for our St. Louis, MO terminal. This individual will assist the Terminal Manager in effectively leading, directing, and controlling all activities related to the efficient and effective functioning of the facility in order to meet or exceed customer expectations, as well as facility and company goals.