Assistant Controller- Holland, MI
Responsibilities of the Assistant Controller include:
1. Oversee the general accounting, financial reporting, accounts payable, and invoice quality functions.
2. Management responsibilities include:
a. Manage workload and work schedules of direct reports
b. Develop and communicate measurable objectives to team members
c. Responsible for determining appropriate staffing and compensation levels
d. Interview, select, and train new team members
e. Responsible for talent management, including individual and team development
f. Appraise performance, provide regular feedback, and discipline employees
3. Directly responsible for closing of monthly financial records, including journal entries and account reconciliations, in accordance with company policy.
4. Lead monthly close review and quarterly reserve review meetings with parent company
5. Facilitate the preparation of various weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
6. Manage timely compliance with internal and external audit requests
7. Initiate, lead and participate in cross-functional projects and teams to support company objectives
8. Work with other functional leaders to understand, evaluate, and communicate changes in the company’s financial trends
9. Implement and maintain effective internal control structure around accounting and financial reporting
Successful candidates will posses:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant field; CPA preferred. 10+ years experience in accounting/finance, three of which in a leadership role
- Demonstrated competency in financial forecasting and financial statement preparation
- Strong communication skills and drive for continuous improvement
- Experience with Lawson software and payroll applications preferred
Holland, a part ofYRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!