Dock to Driver Training Program
Discover an excellent opportunity for professional forklift operators.
What is the Indianapolis Dock to Driver Program?
Our unique, full-time Driver Training Program in Indianapolis allows individuals to work as a dock worker while receiving classroom and hands-on training to obtain a Certified Driver License (CDL).
If you don't have your Class A CDL or do, but do not have the experience and/or the required endorsements to be a Holland driver, then you may be interested in our Driver Training Program offered at our Indianapolis, IN terminal. Our unique internal training program provides classroom and one-on-one hands on driving instruction, with Holland equipment.
Is This Program for Me?
Holland has immediate openings for experienced candidates to become driver qualified. The ideal candidate will have professional forklift experience as well as:
- Clean driving record (MVR)
- Ability to pass the DOT physical and drug test
- Verifiable job history
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude
What's the Schedule Like?
- Month 1: Dock Work Begins
- Dock work is completed between 13:30 to close
- 40 hours per week
- 30-60 days duration
- Month 2: Driver Practice (Yard & Road)
- Driver training from 08:00 to 16:30
- 4-5 weeks duration
- Month 4: Mentorship Program (Ride Alongs)
- 4-8 weeks duration
- Month 6: Program Complete
How Much Will I Make At Holland?
- $10/ hour while in the Driver Training Program
- $17.92/ hour Dock Worker Pay
- $18.28/ hour the day you start in the Mentorship Program
- $19.36/ hour after 1 year of driving
- Yearly 5% salary increase for 36 months
How Do I Get Started?
Fill out your job application to get started today. Please note the questions within this application were written for fully-qualified driver applicants, answer these to the best of your ability.
Walk-ins also welcome! Visit our Indianapolis terminal between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm at 2530 S Tibbs Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46241 to find out more.
Begin a career with great pay and growth opportunities.
After three years of experience, full-time drivers have the potential to earn more than $21 per hour. Holland puts family first, ensuring our local drivers are home each night and our linehaul drivers make it home for the weekend. And because of our family values the respect and team environment is unparalleled. Here’s how we stack up:
The Dock to Driver program is successfully giving way to talented and dedicated drivers who are doing their part to move America forward while truly enjoying their career. Now it’s YOUR turn!
Apply at Holland today and discover your direction!